Wool floor coverings are a great addition to the living space. They add a bit of comfort and luxury to the interior of your home. One of the positive aspects of wool rugs is that they are made from a natural material. For whatever reason, that makes them even softer and more pleasant to feel underfoot. If properly cared for, they can also have a very long shelf life. That is why it is essential to know how to take care of wool rugs and rugs to get the most out of them.
First of all, you will need to ensure that you are properly equipped for the job. Here’s a list of things that will come in handy to have on hand for cleaning wool floor coverings:
- Gentle laundry detergent or a home-based solution if you prefer eco products;
- White towels or clean cloths.
Now that you are properly equipped for the job, let’s get started. Here’s our guide on how to care for wool rugs and rugs:
1. First, remove the floor covering to the outside, if possible, and shake it well to remove loose dirt on the fibers. If not, try hanging it over a railing or something and giving it a good bang with a flat head sweeping brush.
2. Now, give the carpet a round with a vacuum cleaner to remove the dust buried in the fibers.
3. Next, take your bucket and fill it with cold water. Then add a capful of your mild laundry detergent and mix it with the water.
4. It’s time to sponge. Take your sponge and dip it in the water. You don’t need to go overboard with humidity, so use enough, but don’t soak the rug. Start working it from the corners inward with your sponge and soapy water.
5. Now, rinse your bucket and fill it with clean water. Use this to rinse the soapy water off your carpet.
6. Finally, make your dry towels absorb as much moisture as possible. Then leave your carpet in a place to dry. Preferably not in direct sunlight as it can discolor colors.
Pro tips on general care for wool carpets and rugs
Now, not everything is in the process of cleaning. There are some things every proud owner of a wool floor covering should know about caring for wool rugs and carpets cleaning glasgow. That’s why our team of professional cleaners has put together this list of tips.
• New wool rugs and rugs shed a lot. Vacuuming regularly for the first month will help. We recommend no more than twice a week until the shedding slows down. After that, 2-4 times a month is enough.
• Do not use an overly powerful vacuum cleaner on your wool rug, as it can cause it to come off too much. Placing a sock over the end of the vacuum tube helps to slightly deaden the suction power.
• Never use too much water to clean your wool floor coverings. It can damage the fibers. Use as much as needed and never more.
• Pet hairs stuck between wool fibers can be removed with a stiff brush. Always brush in the direction of the carpet lint.
• Stains and stains on your carpet? Don’t wash everything. Rather, just tackle the dirty area. Excess washing is not good for wool rugs. If it doesn’t seem to be going well, it may be a good idea to call in professional carpet cleaners to help deal with the situation.
• Vacuum the bottom once every one to two months.
• Using snow to clean your wool is an old technique that many people still like to apply. It is made-up to freeze and eradicate bacteria in the process.